Dual role: Billa
Triple role:Moondru Mugam
Positive role: Kavikuyil
Singing: Adikuthu Kuliru (Mannan)
Story and Screenplay: Valli
Movie dubbed and released in Japan: Muthu
Ardent Devotee of
* When he was studying in SIFCC institute of film acting he met Mr.K.Balachander.
* Gave him his screen name 'Rajnikanth'
* Gave him his first role in films.
* Was the only person to encourage him to act in films and gave him good advices.
* In the beginning of his career he used to get nightmares of the film he is acting and also Mr.Balachander will be there screaming at him to act properly.
* K.Balachander's 'Kavithalaya' started their productions with the film 'Netri kan'
Directed 25 of his films. Most of them were turning points in his career.
His favourite film of his films
When he was working as a conductor he wished for Vespa scooter, a single-room apartment, and all the cigarettes money can buy.
Played a major part in putting together an alliance between the DMK and TMC which won the 1996 Tamil nadu elections.
Lee Kwan Yew(Former Singapore prime minister)
The name of his private quarters in his home
Does not likes to do art films. Feels that the people involved in films should earn money and make people happy.
Yoga and Meditiation
Swift movements, rapid-fire dialogue delivery
* Autobiography of a Yogi
* Gita as it was
* Living with the Himalayan Masters' Swami Rama
* Books written by Shri Ramana Maharishi
Food: Non-Vegetarian items
Dress: White Khurtha
Appreciation Letter from K.Balachander for the film "Mullum Malarum"
Raghavendra Kalyana Mandapam
Likes to spend time alone
Latha Rajnikanth arranged a mega-show to celebrate 25 years of Rajni in tamil cinema
"I saw a fire in his eyes and an enthusiasm coupled with an urge to prove himself. I immediately realized that he was not just one more run-of-the-mill aspirant" - K.Balachander
* 2000 Padma Bhushan award from the Govt of India.
* Tamil Nadu Govt awards
1999 - Best Actor(Padayappa)
1989 - MGR award
1984- Kalaimamani award
1982- Best Actor (Moondru Mugam)
1978 - Best Actor(mullum Malarum)
* Filmfare Awards
1984 - Best Actor(Nallavanuku Nallavan)
* Cinema Express Awards
1995- Best Actor(Muthu)
1993 - Best Story writer (Valli)
1992 - Best Actor( Annamalai)
1991 - Best Actor(Thalapathy)
1988 - Best Achiever Award(Blood Stone)
1985 - Best Actor(Sri Raagavendirar)
1984 - Best Actor(Nallavanauku Nallavan)
* 1995 Best Actor Screen Awards(Peaddarayadu)
* Had a very troubled childhood. Lost his mother when he was only 5 years old.
* His father was a police constable.
* His ancestors were believed to be from a village called Nachiar Kuppam in Dharmapuri Dist. of Tamilnadu.
* 'Å¡ö¨Á§Â ¦ÅøÖõ' is written on the entrance of his house
* Got his diploma in acting from Dr.P.N.Reddy.
* Was discouraged a lot by his fellow film institute students.
* In the beginning he did not know to speak Tamil well.
* His film 'Muthu' was dubbed as 'Dancing Maharaja' in Japan and it ran for 23 weeks in Tokyo. Film 'Yejaman' was dubbed as 'Dancing Maharaja II''
* Has acted in two malayalam films and one Bengali film.
* Likes to drive on his own.
* Had acted in 12 of Amitabh's remade movies in Tamil
* When he was working as a conductor his salary was around Rs.750 and one his friends named Raj Bhadhur gave him money to study in the film institute in Chennai.
* Always prefers Big banners.
Name Asin Thottumkal
Screen Name Asin
Nick Name Malabar ahzagi, Tamil ammayee
Date of Birth 26 Oct, 1985
Birth Place Hyderabad
Height 5' 4"
Profession Dancer, Stage compere, Actress, model, business woman
Mother tongue Malayalam
Languages Can read, write and speak in Malayalam, Tamil and French. Can only speak Telugu.
Parents Father: Joseph Thotumkal, former CBI officer
Mother: Dr.Shelin, Surgeon in Kerala Govt hospital
Education Schools:Naval public school,Cochin and St.Teresa's Hr.Sec.School
College: B.A.(literature) from St.Teresa's college, Cochin
Modeled in at least 60 advertisements
Entry into tamil films Director Jeeva after seeing her in 'Aircel' advertisement invited her to act in his film 'Ullam Ketkumee'
Debut *Tamil: M.Kumaran, S/O Mahalakshmi
* Malayalam: 'Narendran magan Jaykanthan' directed by sathyan athikadu.
* Telugu: 'Amma nnan oru Thamizh ammayi'
Favourite * Singers: Balamurali Krishna, P.Susheela, Janet Jackson
* Spot: all places in Kerala
* Sport: Cricket
* Attire: Jeans and Shirts
Farmhouse owns Vagmon a lovely hill station in Kerala
Dam A dam near her home is named as Asin dam
ASIN'S Her company deals with anything from hospital equipments, software, furniture etc.
Desire Likes to try her luck in the Civil service exams. Wants to prove that film people can also excel in academics.
Respects Nadiya for her simplicity
Loves to gaze at the water
Singing Harris Jayaraj had given her an opportunity to sing but she was not able to do because of her busy schedule.
Shopping finishes all her shopping abroad and avoids at home
Plans to export carved wood products.
Never * Acts in a movie without hearing the story or knowing the strength of her character.
* Does vulgar scenes or double meaning dialogues
Influential people Her grandmother Mary, Mother Theresa and her mother.
Favourite food Fresh water fish and Kerala rice
Hates Smoking and smokers
Address Marine drive, Kochi, Kerala
Awards * Won the 'best young entrepreneur' award when she was only 14 years old.
* Best Actress, Filmfare award for the telugu film 'Amma Nanna O' Tamila Ammayi'
Facts * She is a voracious reader.
* At age four she created a record by dancing non-stop for four hours.
* Asin means pure or blemishless
* One of the songs for the film M.Kumaran, S/O Mahalakshmi was
filmed in the farmhouse owned by her family.
* Her father wanted to name her Mary after her grandmother.
* She was not able to act in the film 'Shahjahan' with Vijay due to date
* Only child to her parents.
* Comes from a very wealthy family.
* Is a good bharata natyam and Kathakali dancer
* Director Fazil wanted to introduce her first in malayalam films.
Aim * start a Bharata natayam school in Kochi
* to publish her poems
* to improve her business